Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Champagne...In a Can

Yesterday was an incredible day…I woke up in SB, took care of some stuff, received good news, drove to Chicagoland, went to 6 straight hours of meetings, left the hospital, drove to the train depot, and hopped on the train bound for Millennium Station. I had my first "date" with my new group of networking friends in Chicago. We picked a swanky, if loud, place to meet in the Loop. When I read the online reviews of the place, it said a lot of "drunk day traders" go there. Perfect! Really, though, it was just the late-20's and early-30's after-work crowd.

However, I made the mistake of not bringing my gym shoes, so I hobbled down Randolph in my heels (cursing the fact that I wore my uncomfortable heels and just ran out of the band-aid stash I keep in my purse).

Oh well, blisters heal, right?

I made some valuable contacts with these new friends (who are all in similar roles in their respective hospitals) and we compared our experiences so far. Personally, I think I have the best deal, as I get to define the path I take and then make it happen. These all folks must adhere to a strict schedule and structure and do lots of analytical work. Blech. I'd rather be in scrubs watching deliveries and/or open heart surgeries after I hit my quota of administrative meetings.

Oh, and in addition to actually having a weekday social life in the Loop, I even got to try champagne in a can. It had a little Hi-C "bendy" straw. It felt posh if not a little pretentious!

2 comments:

  1. Do you really expect us to feel sorry for you when you're playing in Chicago?! I actually a bit better hearing about your blisters!!

    PS, champagne in a can is cool. I'm surprised the kids at school don't have that yet (or do they?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My post sounded kind of brash, sorry about that. Was just jealous that my big exploit this week was to MalWart (your source for cheap plastic crap!)

    ReplyDelete