Quick update on my spasming back…it's better. I went to my "medical massage" last night and I'm sure you will be happy to hear that it wasn't one bit relaxing. Apparently, those types of massages aren't supposed to be relaxing; they are meant to treat you with specific outcomes.My desired outcome? To please knead out the knots in my back so I can get through a 12 hour day without taking Advil. My stomach lining is at stake here! She looked perplexed and then accepted the challenge.
So picture me, draped appropriately with clean, fragrant linens. Picture aromatherapy candles placed strategically around the room to create ambient lighting and peaceful scents. Then include the surround sound system that included a relaxing, slow-strumming guitar with breaking waves punctuating the sounds…
…Then picture a short, sort-of Indian, sort-of Mexican-looking woman, standing over me, pushing down with the weight of her body THROUGH HER ELBOW, on the knots in my back. Now listen for my knots as they audibly cracked painfully apart under the pressure. She's a sadist for taking my challenge upon her and I think I'm a masochist for inflicting that upon myself. When I got home, I stood in the shower for at least a half hour, trying to let the hot water further relax my now-war torn back. I felt awful and crawled into bed as soon as I could.
But this morning, while I woke up a little sore, I felt good. I felt WELL. And as the day progressed onward, I felt better and better. I was able to stand up straighter.
So Operation: Back Masochism worked well. And I plan to have that lady beat me up every two weeks for a while!
No one's been commenting on your stuff for a while and I know you like feedback!
ReplyDeleteWhile I am happy to hear the massage went well, how did they crack your muscles apart? Icky! I could use a massage myself as my two-ton two year-old wants to spend more time in my arms than on his own two feet!