Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tide with Febreze

So this is an inappropriate story but I think it's hilarious.

Jack and I bought some new laundry detergent last weekend, Tide with Febreze. It makes your laundry smell SO good and it lasts a long time. The sheets we washed three months ago are still as fresh as the day we washed them. I'm kidding. You know I'm too OCD to let my sheets go longer than a week!

Anyway, I did my laundry on Sunday, just like normal. Put it all away and coordinated my outfits for the week, per my schedule (see, told you I'm OCD). Some days require power suits and some days allow casual suits or just a blazer.

I sat in my office on Tuesday morning and I kept getting a whiff of clean laundry. I dismissed it, thinking it would fade.

Two hours later, I got another whiff of clean laundry. I mentally tallied my outfit. As most of my clothes go to and from the dry cleaners, I realized that the only freshly-washed, laundered items I was wearing were, well,my skivvies. I couldn't believe my stupid underwear were emitting that fresh laundry smell that, I'm sorry, could be the newest Yankee candle scent.

Later that afternoon, I had a one-on-one employee meeting in my office. I kid you not, this manager asked me how I got my office to smell like fresh laundry. I was tempted to answer (but did not!), "oh, that's just my underwear!"

Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment