Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Twist My Arm...

...All the way to Sin City.

Last Friday night, we dined with friends from work at Coopershawk (yes, again). These friends are wonderful, with witty humor, hilarious stories, and share a Christian faith that rivals the friars. Good times seem to follow them. I laughed so hard my face hurt. Those types of evenings replenish even the emptiest tanks. My tanks were empty from teaching a class on Friday, doing leader rounding on patients (where you get to go "check on them" and see how things really are. I always ask the patients, "So how are we treating you?"), and process mapping our hellacious physician recruitment process (that took six execs and two Lean experts a total of three hours to master), I seriously wanted to bail on dinner and just go home to my pj's and frozen pizza. My friend (I'll call her Mary) wouldn't let me bail. She flat-out refused and told me that if I bailed, she'd just show up at my house with a bag of food and bottle of wine, so I might as well just go. Friends who threaten you like that are awesome and I think I need more of them!

Anyway, I'm glad I went. We invited the men this time and our monthly "directors' meeting" turned into a four-hour dinner with awesome friends.

More importantly, Mary is traveling to Vegas in a couple weeks for a conference and she told me she has an empty room in her suite in the Paris hotel. She wants company, I have a ton of PTO, and she told me I need to sit by the pool and catch up on my reading while she's at the conference. Then I can join her for networking and the vendor fair if I want to. Seriously? The best of both worlds and it's next to free? Dude. Count me in. Why not?

When people ask me how I am, I have a hard time not responding, "blessed."

'Cuz that's what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment