I have a lot of little anecdotes to share from this week:There was a typo on a document in my Service Excellence meeting this morning. I've gotten into the habit of asking what new acronyms or terms mean, so I can fully understand what's happening. This morning, I asked the nurse manager sitting next to me about the term "monstrate." The hand-out asked, "did we monstrate" a certain behavior. She looked at me funny and laughed. It was a typo for "did we demonstrate." I wasn't sure what "monstrate" meant and I kind of wish I had kept my mouth shut!
So Illinois passed a ban on texting while driving. Darnit. How will I email everyone now? And I'm still trying to figure out if cell phone talking while driving is also illegal in Illinois. I'm pretty sure it's illegal in CHICAGO, but what about the suburbs? Just in case, I throw down the cell phone on the passenger's seat every time I pass a cop. Just ask Jack. He gets that a lot!
Speaking of Jack, he gets the husband of the year award. I had a softball game on Wednesday evening. I played the first four innings (then the starters come out so everyone else can play). He walked up just as I grounded out to end the bottom of the fourth. It was the thought that counts! In addition to meeting my team (all members of Administration), he brought dinner. Like, a cooked dinner that just required microwave nuking. This was AWESOME. Thanks again, Hon.
I attended a finance meeting this week (it's budget season) and must have had the D.I.H.L expression for the whole two hours. As a challenge extended to me from the CEO, I am "doing" the budget for Administration. I'm scared out of my gourd because I have finance-phobia (wish I had your brain, Kassie!). I actually signed up for a tutorial with Finance and one of the lovely finance folks offered to hold my hand through this budget process. I wouldn't really care if it were the hospital's budget for Twinkies or even doughnuts…but this is the Administrative budget. Gulp! My hand-holder in Finance made me a little laminated "budget survival" guide. I now owe her my life. And maybe, a Twinkie.
So Illinois passed a ban on texting while driving. Darnit. How will I email everyone now? And I'm still trying to figure out if cell phone talking while driving is also illegal in Illinois. I'm pretty sure it's illegal in CHICAGO, but what about the suburbs? Just in case, I throw down the cell phone on the passenger's seat every time I pass a cop. Just ask Jack. He gets that a lot!
Speaking of Jack, he gets the husband of the year award. I had a softball game on Wednesday evening. I played the first four innings (then the starters come out so everyone else can play). He walked up just as I grounded out to end the bottom of the fourth. It was the thought that counts! In addition to meeting my team (all members of Administration), he brought dinner. Like, a cooked dinner that just required microwave nuking. This was AWESOME. Thanks again, Hon.
I attended a finance meeting this week (it's budget season) and must have had the D.I.H.L expression for the whole two hours. As a challenge extended to me from the CEO, I am "doing" the budget for Administration. I'm scared out of my gourd because I have finance-phobia (wish I had your brain, Kassie!). I actually signed up for a tutorial with Finance and one of the lovely finance folks offered to hold my hand through this budget process. I wouldn't really care if it were the hospital's budget for Twinkies or even doughnuts…but this is the Administrative budget. Gulp! My hand-holder in Finance made me a little laminated "budget survival" guide. I now owe her my life. And maybe, a Twinkie.
aww, you can totally do it! you're amazing - just think of how much your brain has already accomplished!
ReplyDeletep.s. still waiting on cpa results - and i just took the 4th section, so i probably won't hear the final verdict until the end of august.
p.p.s. we can golf any time you're free. seeing as how that is rare, you just let me know anytime you're in the mood, and i'll be there :)