Okay, I'm back. I couldn't close out the blog forever!During the last few weeks, I did a lot of thinking about this blog and its arch-nemesis, Facebook. In a fit of distrust, I cleared my Facebook profile. I've long held the opinion that Facebook is little more than a narcissistic tool that people use to shove their life's blessings in others' faces. I hoped I wasn't doing that to others and moderated my posts accordingly. However, the recent FB security battles threw me over the edge and I cleared everything but one picture and my friends. After all, it's a good way to keep in touch with people via the messaging function (AHEM, that means you, Lula and Nurse Starbucks!!).
I also tried to ascertain whether this blog was stoking my pride in a similar manner. It is not my intention to boast or pat myself on the back; in reading old posts, interpreted my own words in that manner. So my return to blogging is purely to tell you about my life and to continue working things out via written word. Plus, things are getting so nutty with our life transition and I have so many stories! I promise to entertain you while keeping narcissistic rants on the back burner!
My first order of business is to start my new job tomorrow. As I announced a few weeks ago, I accepted a job in clinical operations at St. Fozzie's. Since then, I've received a couple wonderful job offers in Indy and they unhinged my feelings of peace and wellbeing. I had to question and re-evaluate why I'm taking the St. Fozzie's position. As I sit here, 12 hours before I officially start, I'm back to being both peaceful AND excited about my future. Where else can I truly learn how to run a hospital?
I haven't officially turned the second Indy job down yet...but when I call the VP tomorrow, I'll say, "Sure, I'll take the job...in two years!" I need more time to learn from my mentors.
For now, it's me, Chicago, St. Fozzie's, and hospital administration in a financially-challenged landscape. Hmmm. I better go set up the coffee pot for tomorrow morning!
I haven't officially turned the second Indy job down yet...but when I call the VP tomorrow, I'll say, "Sure, I'll take the job...in two years!" I need more time to learn from my mentors.
For now, it's me, Chicago, St. Fozzie's, and hospital administration in a financially-challenged landscape. Hmmm. I better go set up the coffee pot for tomorrow morning!
What about a long post and fabulous pictures of your vacation? Allow me to live vicariously through ALL parts of your life (you know, since you're ditching me neighborhood-wise)
ReplyDeleteI feel so loved, I couldn't imagine my life without you, my old high school friend turned 'pen' pal!
ReplyDelete