"Adversity causes some people to break; others to break records. "
-William Arthur Ward
I saw this quote on one of my employee's bulletin boards as I visited the Wound Clinic yesterday. It was one of those days today where I powered through the quagmire of quicksand and every time I blinked my eyes, I saw a quick vision of my bed. If I stopped to listen hard, I could actually hear my bed calling. It was saying, "Lay on me! Let me envelope you in my feathery goodness! Let me blissfully whisk you away to restful sleep!"
I hate foggy Monday's. They make you feel like you're living in a dreamscape. So I blasted my new XM satelite radio and listened to Radio Margaritaville on the interstate. Yes, the visions of palm trees helped shake me into reality.
Adversity is never a thing to be wasted. You can grow from tough experiences, quicker than you would have grown without them.
No comments:
Post a Comment