So here's a random thought…have you ever wanted to see Yankee Candle (or Glade) create non-traditional scents?Back a few years ago, I thought it would be so neat if they created a candle that smelled like the beach. Alas! Yankee came out with "Sun and Sand," which smells like a mixture of Coppertone, sand, and that distinct smell your skin gets after being out in the sun. In a word, it's wonderful. I like to burn this candle in the dead of winter, when I haven't seen the sun in 4+ days. Or when I'm hastily packing for a long-overdue vacation. My routine is to light the candle, pour a beverage, and play Momma Mia on the DVD player.
Then I thought it would be great if they manufactured a candle that smelled like campfire and maybe even flickered like a campfire. Poof! They came out with a sneaky version of this. Then again, I have to commonly resist the temptation to not roast marshmallows over this candle!
Then I wanted to have a new car smell candle, because, well, I like the smell of new cars. Scentsy came out with this one, but they call it "Leather." To me, it's just "New Car."
And what about a bacon-scented candle that Jack could light when he was in the mood for bacon (I don't allow the cooking of bacon in my house; it makes the place smell like a diner). Then again, I guess the bacon candle might still contribute to the diner phenomenon.
I'm still looking for someone to make a candle called "Thanksgiving morning," which smells just like that mouth-watering turkey aroma that permeates the house when the turkey is baking during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. No one's biting at this idea yet. Get it? Biting? Turkey legs?
Then I decided I would like to own a bleach candle. Yes, a candle that smells like BLEACH (not beach). Think about it…you light the candle and regardless of how clean and disinfected your house actually is, it smells clean. Just think, your inlaws called you and want to pop in for a quick visit. Voila! Light the bleach candle and they'll think you always have your house that clean!
Weirdo! Bleach? Really? Does Martha Stewart know one of her groupies escaped? :)
ReplyDelete