Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ramping Up

Apparently, my job description needs to be widened to include "Professor."

Fine. At least make it "Teacher!"

This class I'm teaching on August 30 has grown from 15 attendees from one part of the system to 25 from around the entire system. I'm now supposedly teaching VP's how to publish their work? I think they know how to publish their work and they're coming to check out my teaching style. Just my opinion. I'm not paranoid! Seriously! Stop looking at me!

Then in early September, I am attending a "train the trainer" course so I can begin teaching the Lean (as in Lean Six Sigma) training at St. Fozzie's. Our culture is ripe for this continuous improvement methodology. The professionals from St. Piggy's are teaching four of us how to teach concepts that work. I'm thrilled...I think!

I never really saw myself as one of those types who can stand in front of a large group all day, spewing out verbose concepts and then breaking them down to plain English so those in attendance can "connect the dots."

It's sort of funny; from my years leading youth group, I tend to kick off meetings with a skit, a conversation topic, or a brain teaser. Wonder how I can get the corporate VP's to join us in a skit?

No comments:

Post a Comment