I'm actually relishing the rainy, cloudy day this Saturday afternoon. Rainy days give me permission to relax and lounge in bed (after I've done a few hours of work and gone running!). Nonetheless, today's rainy, crusty fall day encouraged Jack to whip up a simmering pot of chili and allowed me to nap during the slow points of the college football games.This week is finally over and I couldn't be happier. The stress beat me down and by the end of the week, I dreaded looking into the mirror to see my own blood-shot eyes and under-eye bags staring me back in my reflection. All vanity aside, that's just not pretty!
Last night, we went to a ChiSox game with two of Jack's friends and while it was great, the Sox lost (actually, they got pulverized). I still take it for granted that we live 20 minutes from The Cell and that going to games is within our realm of possibilities. I just wish the Cubs OR Sox would do something fabulous...we have two teams here and both seem to tank at the end of the season!
At least it was "Halfway to St. Patty's Day" at The Cell. The Sox wear green, U2 and other Irish bands infiltrate the airwaves, and a group of Irish, kilt-wearing singers sung the National Anthem.
Oh, and there's green beer. Let's not forget about the green beer.
Even those that "Irish" team lost last night, let's hope a certain other Irish team can win against Michigan State tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment