As promised, here is an update on our latest venture into Chi-town. We found me a home! It's a rental, but it's an actual house with windows, a yard, a driveway, and a deck. I'm thrilled about having the deck and plan to lug my chaise lounger to Wrigleyville. Truth be told, I wasn't looking forward to apartment living and the house will afford me a lot more space and privacy.The home is also close to a high school. The close proximity to the school is exciting for two reasons: one, I love "Friday night lights" and hope I can catch a football game. Two, they have a stellar running track within two blocks' walking distance. I wondered what I was going to do about my exercise habit. Walking the hospital corridors, in heels, hardly counts as cardio!
Before we left Chicagoland, Jack and I hopped back on the Skyway to try out my commute. In 5pm traffic on a Friday, the commute was still only 20 minutes. While the highway commute (and associated bumper-to-bumper traffic at 80 mph) will take some adjustment, it was an easy drive.
I'm extremely relieved to have this piece of the puzzle decided. On the way home, I experienced an eerie calm, stronger than if I had just left church. I'm not one to rely on "feelings" to ascertain my fate, but I cannot deny this calmness and peace. And now I know I will not be living in my toyota in the hospital's parking garage!
No comments:
Post a Comment