I have a fantasy to share. If I could invent this, I would be a gazillionaire and wouldn't have to worry about my hospital gig...I could retire on my mega-yacht, sailing between all the Greek Islands with the Mamma Mia soundtrack playing from my boat's surround sound…ANYWAY, I'd like to invent an external hard drive. I've mentioned this to a few of you lately, as I've lamented the fact that my brain must be nearly full. I believe there's a limited amount of space in one's brain and with each new additional tidbit, the brain must flush one equally-sized tidbit. My pal, Yoshi, studied psychology at the undergraduate level and she assures me that the human brain cannot fill up. Pish posh!
However, I have many things in my brain that I don't exactly want to flush for good; I would like to decompress them if suddenly necessary. Plus, if I were to flush all these memories and tidbits, it would erase part of my identity (and no one wants that).
I made a list of items I would export to my external hard drive:
*All song lyrics: I recently heard a U2 song I liked back in 1994 and remembered every word.
*All movie quotes: do I really need to repeat (verbatim) the lines from Home Alone, The Holy Grail, and Top Gun?
*Any and all marketing jingles: has anyone else had enough of that "five dollar foot-long" baloney? Pun intended.
*All memories from middle school: I shudder when I remember the cliques and my snobbery when I couldn't fathom playing basketball without a pair of Air Jordans.
*All coursework from the physical sciences, such as biology, physics, and the smatterings of organic chemistry: do I really need to readily know the molecular weight of a mole of gold (Au)?
*Plot lines from all 1,294 Baby-Sitters Club books: this was when I thought the name "Claudia" was cool.
*Old cable channel line-up's (okay, so I can officially flush this one!)
So what would you export to your external hard drive?
1. Many, many college drunk-induced nights at...well, I'd like to export that!
ReplyDelete2. The words to all of the Blues Clues episodes, I mean all of them!
3. I seriously don't need to remember every last softball or volleyball score and stat - this can go bye-bye!
4. The weight watcher points for 90% of what I eat - I'd REALLY like to export that into a special file called "Bite Me"
Love your picture, by the way! It's my dream vacation spot :)
Cool pic. I'd like to export sports stats, too. How about the corny Beyonce lyrics that get stuck in my head?
ReplyDeleteLOL, I agree! Let's export the complete seasons of America's Next Top Model. I no longer care if I can recite the seasons' winners, in order!
ReplyDelete