I wish I could say that I'm nourishing myself well during these first couple weeks. I went to Meijer once, two weeks ago, to buy staples such as caffeinated Crystal Light, Diet Mt. Dew, coffee, and coffee creamer (notice a pattern?). I picked up meager staples such as bread, cheese, and granola bars. I feel like it's Lent and every day is Friday, just because I'm too exhausted to cook anything substantial.Because of the bare pantry, I've been eating around the edges at work, too. I've had a few luncheons, but if they don't feed us at the meetings, I've been going hungry. (This is actually working counter-intuitively for me as I now have to hire a tailor to take in my brand-new dress pants). It's not a phenomenon known only to me; the other execs are forever running around like crazy as they also do not take lunch breaks. I noticed a trend, though...people kept showing up at meetings with baggies full of yummy-looking trail mix. Y'know, the one with the dried fruit, mixed nuts and M&M's? Lusting after the trail mix, I finally asked one of the lawyers were he kept getting the trail mix (envisioning a shining cauldron full of said mix in some hidden closet). He laughed and told me he got it in the cafeteria.
The cafeteria? Um, yeah, I've seen the salads coming out of that place. It's bad when you purposely steer clear of certain food items because your schedule is too full to risk being sidelined with food poisoning.
Regardless, my hunger-induced mirages beckoned me to the cafeteria. Not only did I find the trail mix, but they have whole SECTION of bulk candy. Who would've guessed? I was ecstatic to find malt balls, gummy worms, Runts, chocolate-covered peanuts, and even mini Hershey bars. Jackpot! So I took my own baggie of trail mix back to the boardroom that afternoon (with my malt balls and gummy worms) as I had finally procured and secured my own snack of champions.
I'm happy to report that I have a cherry-picked baggie of trail mix in my Fozzie Heights office right now. I tend to leave the almonds and raisons for when I'm really hungry! I wonder what this Hunterer-and-Gatherer diet is going to do to my poor stomach?!
I'm happy to report that I have a cherry-picked baggie of trail mix in my Fozzie Heights office right now. I tend to leave the almonds and raisons for when I'm really hungry! I wonder what this Hunterer-and-Gatherer diet is going to do to my poor stomach?!
I, of course, would naturally be the one to GAIN weight during said transition!
ReplyDeleteThat is NOT the snack of champions... just 2nd rate champions since Crispy M&Ms are no longer. **tear**
ReplyDeleteMmm, crispy M&M's were my favorite!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, that WOULD make the trail mix a "true" snack of champions. I'm happy to report that I discovered a new trail mix today. It has yogurt-covered peanuts in it and that made me happy. Of course, I got stuck at work again tonight and didn't have anything else to eat! I should start contingency planning!
ReplyDelete