During my tenure as an administrator wannabe in Chicagoland, I've cut a few corners in the kitchen. I've started eating frozen veggies, drinking V8 Fusion to get my fruits, and living on convenience foods. When even these dishes become too cumbersome, I resort to those Warm Delights that I pilfer from our home. Warm Delights are those plastic bowls of pre-measured cake batter, to which one adds 3.68 teaspoons of water, and then squeezes the enclosed foil packet of fudge across the little black bowl of lumpy batter. After 30 seconds in the microwave, it's a perfect little cake. Sure, it is slightly reminiscent of the smell of dog food, but when one's hungry, short on time, and sleep deprived, it'll do, right? Please, hold your nutritional comments until the end!Well, the Warm Delights pack 400-500 calories. That's an awful lot for a quickie dessert (dinner). I voiced this concern to Jack and he promptly located Mini Delights in the store. Armed with my Mini's, I went back to Chicagoland where they awaited my craving for almost 2 weeks.
I have to tell you, I just whipped up a Mini Delight and I'm a bit crushed. I added the requisite 1.3954 teaspoons of water, stirred the teeny, bitsy bowl with a toothpick, and nuked it for 28.93 seconds. While I appreciated the fact that it only packs 150 calories, this thing was smaller than a typical Easy Bake concoction. In fact, I think Easy Bake puts these things to shame. After eating my Mini Delight (in 3 bites, I might add), I returned to the cupboard and polished off a granola bar, a handful of chocolate trail mix, and several chocolate-covered pretzels.
So much for that calorie savings.
And now that you've wasted 2 minutes of your life reading this blog, please heed my advice and don't ever buy Warm Delights. Spring for the Easy Bake and relive your childhood memories instead!
No comments:
Post a Comment