$*#$&(@*#&$!!! I feel so utterly, completely, superbly stressed lately. The family expectations of Christmas perfection are weighing heavily on my heart. Before I can even leave the hospital to partake in the Christmas joy that my family insists on packing into 28 hours over Christmas Eve and Day, I needed to do a rush shop for Admin people. Because I make peanuts (well, compared to the top execs), I sort of thought I was exempt from the politically-tinged gift-giving on Christmas. Then Nurse Jackie hit me up for a contribution toward Elvis' gift. And then I realized that I probably *do* need to remember everyone…and the secretaries and assistants…and the people who've really made my life easier since moving to St. Fozzie's. Can everyone just accept Starbucks gift cards? Puh-lease?#$*&@&#^&^
I had to hit the mall again tonight. At least the stores were all open late to accommodate last minute slackers like me. Sigh. I wonder if anyone saw me on the highway, blowing past everyone during rush hour, with my Guns N Roses blaring from my cd player?
What a difference 10 hours makes!!!
I'm still happy and I'm praying for you little Dorrie! It will all be ok - really it will! You are amazing and thoughtful and so much more! I, too, was out today buying filler presents for my family - ugh! But, I'm home now and reading the thoughts of my super-brainy, successful, quirky, independent friend!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny, that you posted these two posts within 2 minutes of each other. I got my best Christmas gift ever with the new one sleeping through the night last night! I'm a happy mom. Merry Christmas, Dorrie!
ReplyDelete