Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Not Rocket Science...

...It's Brain Surgery!

I had two lunches with a bunch of incredibly smart people today. The first one was at the Inpatient Rehab open house, to introduce a new physiatrist to the fold. I talked to Dr. PrettyEyeLashes for over 20 minutes about the stroke program and the data collection methods we are using to drive volume our way. He had some great ideas about standardization of our volumes, especially from academic medical centers' inpatient rehab needs. I intend to segue this to a system-level discussion regarding standardized scorecards for all referral streams.

Then I had dessert (while they had lunch) with a group of brain surgeons today. Actually, they were neurosurgeons, but they all specialize in brain surgery. We will soon be offering brain surgery at St. Fozzie's. Yeah, it came as a shock to me, too! They use this very fancy, very expensive linear accelerator that allows the brain neurosurgeon to yuwhifj jilq a swlie bieflp dqpzls sa rac gkalsi. That means they were talking so far over my head I cannot even relay the story to you and it sounded like gibberish to me. Regardless, it's a referral stream for our primary care physicians and inpatient rehab.

I led a Physician Partnership Team meeting and while it was good, I feel like I need to inject more energy into the group. So I recruited one of our lively durable medical equipment salespeople to come in and talk to the team about value propositions and selling St. Fozzie's. She's a lot better at it than I am; might as well use her charisma and experience to light everyone on fire.

After that, I had my one-on-one with EVOO. I got my first job offer! It's a Director-level position and while it's great that I have an offer on the table, I'm still going to show my career matrix to Elvis and Jim Henson. I have no idea what they're thinking about my future...but showing the senior leaders my grandiose plans and ambitions is already off to a great start.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations!! :D

    by the way, when i read your gobbledy-gook sentence, i literally thought that i had gotten way too little sleep & was not seeing straight anymore. phew, thankfully, i understood everything else. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, why the secrecy? Who are WE going to blab to? Congrats, by the way!

    ReplyDelete