Well, my stress and 80-hour weeks caught up with me. The last two weeks in particular have been non-stop. I come home at 8 or 9 p.m., wonder if I should forego the gym or grocery shopping to continue working. I knew I was on borrowed time......but I feel like the only employee in the entire world who, after writhing on the bathroom floor for a few hours, is still expected to churn out papers, proposals, flowcharts, and other documentation from the plethora of meetings.
So while I've been at home today, nursing my poor gastro-intestinal tract, I've been studiously typing away on my laptop, trying to meet and surpass everyone's expectations. Sigh. When I emailed Elvis to let him know I'd be working from home today, he wrote back a simple, "Ok." Scrolling down on his response, however, was a quote he must have added in the last day or so. It said, "Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something." -Author Unknown.
That, in itself, gave me license to relax and *gasp* take a short nap. I'm doing something, even if my sickly body won't let me do everything.
Normally, I would rejoice in the fact that today is Friday, but I know I have to go into the office tomorrow and work for a few hours. I didn't bring home every project on which I need to make progress this weekend. Plus, I am meeting with EVOO next week to discuss future career paths. I have this weird compulsion to create an actual road map for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment