Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Hangover

I had one of those days where I felt like I was moving through cold molasses and all the coffee (and Diet Mt. Dew) in the world couldn't caffeinate me out of my stupor. I felt like the undead, staggering through the hospital corridors from meeting to meeting, trying to feign, y'know, LIFE.

Yep, holidays will do that to you. I think the official term is "holiday hangover."

It wasn't the prep work that killed me. It was the carbs. I had no less than five pounds of noodles, potatoes, lamb cake, and Cadbury's. Oh, and let's not discount the kielbasa.

Oh, the kielbasa. Let me pause to go grab some Tum's.

The saga of the lamb cake continued, as my mom's lamb cake-baking was not quite as successful this year. They were wonderful, but looked a bit different:


Totally worth the calories! And yes, that's one black sheep and one lamb torso. Apparently the head rolled off the white lamb while my folks attended Easter Vigil. The toothpicks give them a Dante's Inferno look, no?

While yesterday's Easter celebration was fun and informal, the food left nothing to be desired. The company was delightful, the weather beautiful, and we felt blessed to celebrate a holiday together, in what will be the last major holiday in our SB house.

Cue the nostalgia!

I had a hard time leaving SB after the Easter festivities ended. I stalled and wandered around and cleaned some things and stalled some more...it didn't work. I still had to load up my car and drive back to Chicagoland.

The dreadful feeling in the pit of my being only served to confirm our correct decision to list the house. It's time. And it's no longer a secret. I cannot take too many more weekends like this, where I have an amazing time with my family and friends, celebrate the core truths of my faith, nosh on a Polish feast, and then....get back in the car and drive 100 miles to the Land of the Lonely!

I PROMISE this is the last yucky, nostalgic post for a while. I will choose to return to my sunny and usually optimistic demeanor!

Time to go pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment