Hey everyone, I'm stopping in to say a quick hi. I *just* closed up shop on my work for the evening, having updated my whole-house savings initiatives for the hospital. Earlier, I designed a massive flowchart illustrating the strategy for St. Fozzie's. It's insane; I attended that strategy retreat last week and put together a flowchart from what I interpreted the conversation to agree upon. My EVOO boss asked for a copy, conferred with Elvis, and they accepted my draft of the Strategic plan for the hospital. I can't believe it. They like me. They really like me!
Even though I'm at Muppet Corporate this week, I'm still on the spot. Tomorrow, I have to step out of my Ethics meeting to teleconference in and explain my logic to the St. Fozzie's strategic analysts. Then I found out that I'm pitching my ideas to the rest of senior leadership and corporate strategy folks on Tuesday morning. Knowing my tendency to overachieve, I already started brainstorming my powerpoint presentation and I'm taking Jack up on his offer to help me design full-color booklets for my presentation. I have to admit, I'm having a blast trying to wrap my head around the strategic planning process.
However, this massive presentation will occur *right* before my first official stroke designation committee meeting as the director. I'm still wading through stroke protocol from various other hospitals and the US government. Instead of reading Dan Brown's new book this weekend, I guess I'm still going to be reading stroke regs. Y'know, after I adequately stress out from the strategic presentation.
The upshot to this is that my next two days I'm in Mission Integration and Ethics meetings. There's a lot of praying and reflecting and the meetings begin tomorrow and end Friday with Mass. Tuesday's leadership conference also included Mass. I had no idea I'd hit Mass three of four workdays this week. Cheers to working for a Catholic healthcare system.
SO much has happened this week. I'll fill you in this weekend. I vow to relax a little this weekend...vacation is still four weeks away and it's about time to stop and smell the suntan lotion!
No comments:
Post a Comment