Well, I'm about to attend my fifth prom.I went to two proms my junior year and two my senior year in high school. And several formals in college...And Jack and I went to a formal New Year's Dance a few years ago...so I guess this is my twelfth prom. Whatever, who's counting?
Have I told you about our preparations for the upcoming prom? I mean, dance. Whoops, I really mean Gala. Yes, Jack and I will attend the St. Fozzie's Gala this weekend. I'm a bit nervous about it, but not for traditional reasons.
I'm not worried about schmoozing or hobnobbing with Chicago's finest. But I *am* worried about my stiletto heels and whether I can walk/dance in them. I'm kind of worried that they appear a little S&M, but at least my dress has a drapey neckline that will distract most people from my (sound of cracking whip) shoes.
Despite my lingering illness this past weekend, I braved the mall (twice) to get things I needed for the Gala. Tiny black clutch? Check! Black, strappy stiletto shoes? Check! Cute necklace because I broke the one I originally bought to wear with the dress? Check? New tie for Jack that matches dress? Check! New shirt for Jack? Check! New belt for Jack? Check! Whole new freaking suit for Jack because we discovered his pants needed replacing? Check! Plans to remortgage the house to pay for the Gala tickets, assumed donations from Administration, clothing needs, and valet parking in Chicago! Check!
I'm not worried about schmoozing or hobnobbing with Chicago's finest. But I *am* worried about my stiletto heels and whether I can walk/dance in them. I'm kind of worried that they appear a little S&M, but at least my dress has a drapey neckline that will distract most people from my (sound of cracking whip) shoes.
Despite my lingering illness this past weekend, I braved the mall (twice) to get things I needed for the Gala. Tiny black clutch? Check! Black, strappy stiletto shoes? Check! Cute necklace because I broke the one I originally bought to wear with the dress? Check? New tie for Jack that matches dress? Check! New shirt for Jack? Check! New belt for Jack? Check! Whole new freaking suit for Jack because we discovered his pants needed replacing? Check! Plans to remortgage the house to pay for the Gala tickets, assumed donations from Administration, clothing needs, and valet parking in Chicago! Check!
I'm excited to show Jack off to my co-workers. I'm excited to showcase our dance steps, dancing the night away to a live swing band in downtown Chicago. I'm excited to get through this week so I can bail on work and enjoy a night on the town. Details to come. Events like this usually involve some degree of drama!
Usually your pictures are perfect... this time we needed to see the shoes!!
ReplyDelete