Saturday, October 17, 2009

Show Me the Money!

I took over another project at work this past week. Cardinal Health (a real company) is offering several million in grants to hospitals trying to better their processes. Cardinal is specifically gearing these grants towards non-profit hospitals and their processes surrounding medication administration.

Ping!

That's where I come in. Remember those storyboards I slaved over for the Leadership Conference? The systemwide Six Sigma coordinator emailed me for synopses of the boards we created for St. Fozzie's, as he's entering us in another national conference. Since I had the synopses already completed, I sent these to Cardinal for first consideration of the grants, particularly in regard to our patient safety endeavors. They accepted and asked for a secondary, detailed proposal!

We're up for $100,000 here, so I'm very, VERY excited about making this happen. I got a team together today and we're meeting on Tuesday to expound upon our ideas. As all-time Scribe, it'll fall on my shoulders to complete the proposal....but that's okay, because I've been wanting to try my hand at large-scale grant-writing.

Now that I have immunity to H1N1, I can work my tail off again, right? I'm taking multi-vitamins! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment