I feel compelled to give Jack another shout-out. When I was at rock bottom, suffering with raging fever and a flu that could have rivaled the plague, Jack made me feel better.He couldn't take the fever and cough away, but he made me feel all warm and fuzzy and, well, LOVED.
At 2pm on a Thursday, he showed up on my Chicagoland doorstep with a large box balanced across his arms. In the box? I'll give you $10 if you can guess.
Give up? Yeah, I thought so!
He brought me a toaster, a loaf of bread (one of the only things I eat when I'm sick and I've been living WITHOUT a toaster these past 5 months), a few seasons of Friends on DVD, a huge selection of movies which he downloaded onto my laptop, an electric blanket, a heating pad, homemade stew, and brandy. We bought the brandy in error a long time ago and he grabbed it for me...but it tasted just like cough syrup and I preferred the actual cough syrup. Oh well, I'd heard so much about hot toddies and just couldn't get onboard.
Anyway, Jack drove a total of 3 hours to bring me creature comforts to get me through that flu. He Lysol-ed his way through my house and braved the germs. He's the best and I can't believe he was so willing to drive all that way to make me feel better. Thanks so much, Jack-o. You're The Man and I appreciate everything you do for me!
All around the country and coast...people always say, "what do you like most?" I don't want to brag, I don't want to boast...I just tell 'em, "I like toast."
ReplyDeleteYEAH TOAST!!!!