Whoa, sorry for that unintentional blogging break! Since my softball game was called on account of rain, I have time to catch up on my writing. I've had lots of ideas but poor execution!The long weekend was absolutely fabulous. I went home on Thursday night; Jack and I promptly broke out the cold beers and the grill. The Edge came over for a while and Jack created heavenly burgers...the mouthwatering beef, smothered in white cheddar and sauteed mushrooms..you know, the low fat ones!
Friday ushered in a day of me sitting on my duff (hey, I finished a novel) and Jack did 5 hours' worth of yard work. Our neighborhood block party was rained out on Saturday (but not before I ingested 2,938 calories in brownie bars, cookies, and truffles!). The "block party" consisted of a few select neighbors huddling on Therese's porch in the evening, sharing stories and laughs. I swear, those are the best parties! We bailed on the neighborhood firework display because honestly, we could see them from our house, perfectly framed by the trees.
So while it was great to go home and relax with friends and family, I had a tough time ramping up Monday morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment