Hurray! I survived my first five weeks at St. Fozzie's! One month down, eleven to go! I entered the picture during a firestorm of political headlines, a corporate-sanctioned nursing reorganization and consolidation of surgery, and dove (head-first) into a scary and intimidating executive world. I had the D.I.H.L. facial expression; for the most part, I hung in there and held my own.As I raced between a 7am meeting in the Cath Lab and an 8am meeting with our environmental services contracting agency the other morning, I realized that I love this job. I'm having such a ball and (surprise!) I do thrive on stress. This is probably a case of stating the obvious, but I'm documenting it here so you can blackmail me in the future.
I also realized on Tuesday, that I FINALLY "turned the corner." Don't you just love that expression? It stimulates a great mental image, sort of like "verbal vomiting" or "sinus implosion!" After having presented to the senior execs and meeting the Congressman, I quickly walked through the Heart and Vascular Center and quickly found the people and conference rooms I needed. I no longer had to ask for directions and I knew almost everyone's names when I passed them in the hall.
I was no longer the village idiot. Or hospital idiot? I don't think you want to hear the word "idiot" said in a hospital. You also don't want to hear the word, "Oops!" Or "Brace yourself, this is gonna hurt!"
I tabulated my costs from the month, just so I could share this with Jack. I looked at my 'mortgage' payment, my gas receipts, my scant utilities, and grocery bill. I thought it was pretty hysterical that I spent a grand total of $51 on groceries for five weeks! Granted, this does not include my trail mix expenditures in the cafeteria, but it's pretty frugal for me! I guess that's what eating frozen corn does for ya!
I also realized on Tuesday, that I FINALLY "turned the corner." Don't you just love that expression? It stimulates a great mental image, sort of like "verbal vomiting" or "sinus implosion!" After having presented to the senior execs and meeting the Congressman, I quickly walked through the Heart and Vascular Center and quickly found the people and conference rooms I needed. I no longer had to ask for directions and I knew almost everyone's names when I passed them in the hall.
I was no longer the village idiot. Or hospital idiot? I don't think you want to hear the word "idiot" said in a hospital. You also don't want to hear the word, "Oops!" Or "Brace yourself, this is gonna hurt!"
I tabulated my costs from the month, just so I could share this with Jack. I looked at my 'mortgage' payment, my gas receipts, my scant utilities, and grocery bill. I thought it was pretty hysterical that I spent a grand total of $51 on groceries for five weeks! Granted, this does not include my trail mix expenditures in the cafeteria, but it's pretty frugal for me! I guess that's what eating frozen corn does for ya!
Congrats on surviving your first five weeks! You need to eat some more food, though - next time I see you, you're going to be withering away! Just think of yummy things like sushi, and that will spur your appetite :)
ReplyDelete