Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Heart Vacation- Part I

I don't like to announce when Jack and I go on vacation (terribly afraid of break in's and bad guys!). A few of you asked me why in the world I blogged on vacation last week. Well, I didn't. I wrote those two weeks ago. As much as I love my readers, do you think I would really pay $7.95/minute for international roaming? Teehee. That's the primary virtue of cruising; we're out of cell phone and internet range. It's one of the few ways I can get Jack to stop working for a week!


So this vacation was stellar. With our dear friends Yoshi and Betty, we went to Singer Island, Florida for two days to destress. Jack and I, admittedly, have addictions to stress! We alternated between napping poolside and napping beachside. The water was gorgeous and I couldn't stop commenting about the ever-changing shades of jade, turquiose, and emerald. The picture on the left was from our hotel balcony. The second picture is of the beach, as the tide came in.

Yoshi introduced us to Pronti's, a down-home Italian restaurant serving the best tirimisu. She once told me a story about how her family tried to ship said tirimisu home, via dry ice. HazMat regulations foiled their plans, but it occurred to me that this dessert must be that good. And it was. Trust me, I know my desserts! The second picture is of the vultures who polished off my leftovers in .848 seconds. Yoshi evidentally timed this between gulps!


After two days on Singer Island, we drove back to Ft Lauderdale to board the cruise ship. Cruise ships always amaze me; the same way that 100 ton jets can fly, it amazes me that such a huge floating city can, well, float. We're thoroughly in love with cruising and plan to vacation this way as often as possible. Our first stop was in Key West, FL. The first view is from The Edge's pad. The Edge's folks have a condo in Key West and when a ship is in port, this is pretty much their view. The second shot is from Mallory Square, post daquiri crawl. Seriously, tequila is akin to moonshine in Key West!


In Key West, we went parasailing, a first for most of us. Jack was okay until his brain realized that he was dangling 800 feet over the ocean and swaying in the wind. He (gracefully) wigged!
It was pretty neat to get a 30,000 foot view on things (which is what I'm always trying to do in my professional life...now I have a visual to go with that cornball motto of mine). Now if I could only find an adventure sport to capture the feeling of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, another one of my professional aptitudes!

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment