After Key Westing, we stumbled back onto the ship and dressed for formal night. It always cracks me up, how people actually pack tuxedos and prom-ish dresses. One, how do you fit a tux into minimal luggage? Does it poof up when you add a drop of water, like those sponge animals you get your kids? Anyway, formal night was great and I accidentally got myself in trouble during the Strip-En-Dales. Jack and Yoshi both went to sleep, while Betty and I hit the dance floor:
Before the strippers made their appearance, I overheard a couple of RC planners talking. Someone said the captain was in the house. Jack and I think the ships' captains are so cool and how neat would that be if I could hang with the captain? So I volunteered and (miraculously) got picked. Imagine my surprise when instead of walzing with Captain Sven, I was stripped on by a guy who looked suspiciously like an ex-boyfriend from my high school years. I think he might have even been 18. At least I hope he was 18! Eeew. So there you have it: Dorrie, pure as the driven snow, got herself stripped on during a decidedly family cruise.
And now I can never run for public office!
All kidding aside, Jack is good-natured about these things. He is always telling me I need to let loose and have a bit of fun. Well, mission accomplished!
The next day, we were at sea all day. Jack and I took the opportunity to lay in the sun, eat, and make new friends. There was this one couple, Theresa and Dave, whom we kept running into around the ship. So Theresa and I grabbed lounge chairs together while Jack and Dave read their respective sci fi novels. It's so easy to make friends on a cruise; everyone's pretty social. We also made friends with our tablemates from dinner, Jim and Kathy. We met them at the captain's welcome back cocktail party (where RC honors repeat cruisers with flowing champaigne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a live jazz quartet) and conversed throughout the week. They've been on 20 cruises and it's great to hear about the best ships/ports/excursions from the pros.
No comments:
Post a Comment